Rental Vehicle Excess

Rental Vehicle Excess


What is included under the Rental Vehicle Excess cover?

When you hire a rental vehicle, the rental vehicle agreement you are provided with should specify an excess that you are liable for if the rental vehicle is damaged or stolen.

By taking out Travel Insurance with MyCover cover is provided for this excess, up to the benefit limit.

This cover is available when you purchase the following MyCover policies:

  • Comprehensive Plan

  • Essentials Plan

  • Domestic Plan

  • Multi-Trip Plan

  • Non-Medical Plan

To obtain a quote, which includes Rental Vehicle Excess cover just click here:

*This is a summary of benefits:

Please read the product disclosure statement carefully for the complete details of “What we will pay” and “What we will not pay”. Importantly, please note that exclusions do apply as well as limits to the cover and these are set out in the product disclosure statement.

*Cover for the excess payable on a Rental Vehicle resulting from your rental vehicle being:

  • Stolen

  • Crashed

  • Damaged and/or cost of returning rental vehicle due to you being unfit

Single/Duo/Individual and Multi-Trip Plan: $3,000
Family Plan: $6,000

Note: A "Rental Vehicle" means a campervan/motorhome that does not exceed 4.5 tonnes, a sedan, coupe, hatchback, station-wagon, SUV, four wheel drive or mini bus/people mover rented from a licensed motor vehicle rental company or agency.

To obtain a quote, which includes Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess cover just click here: